[Theforum] Re: voting

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 29 18:33:12 CST 2002

On Wednesday, January 30, 2002, at 12:05  am, Warden, Matt wrote:

> isaac wrote:
>> we want everyone to get a chance to vote. what's the point in allowing
>> that if you run polls over a weekend and disadvantage those who do want
>> to participate, but aren't glued to their computer 24/7... ?
>
> isaac, i'm going to be on vacation between march 30 - april 8. please
> hold
> all votes and discussion until i get back because i really want to
> participate.

Matt unless March 30 - April 8 are *all* weekend (and I really hope
so because I could do with a week off then), then that's an over-
simplistic example.

No-one suggested stopping voting for people's personal choices
of holidays. There's maybe a case to be made for major public
holidays in some countries (a pre-defined list I'd expect), but
even that's only a day or two.

And if it's something significant about the direction of evolt,
is there a reason to rush it other than simple impatience?

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,