[Theforum] Re: voting

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed Jan 30 11:44:13 CST 2002

> > From: "A. Erickson" <amanda at gawow.com>
> >
> > Are you guys even reading?
>
> my silence on this is intentional...
>
> i can go either way, ultimately i'll miss some no matter what we do...

That's cool. It wasn't really directed at you but at those people that
are taking really absolutist, wide stances on the issue.

I get tired of feeling like I need to outline things as though I am
speaking to a child. Reading comprehension is a very important skill for
a by-email group.

And, while I'm emailing through gritted teeth, I might as well say that
throwing around words like "elitist" and "oppressive" and "exclusive"
and phrases like "Ivory Tower" and "limitations on expression" are about
as offensive to me as calling me a racist.

Some people think it's okay to go tossing around the term racist at
people. Some people think it's okay to toss the term elitist at people,
too. In a group like this where everyone is supposed to be working on
the same project, I find that behavior incredibly offensive and
ultimately counter-productive.

(Again, not directed at you Aard.)

- amanda