[Theforum] The footer?

john corry john at neoncowboy.com
Thu Jan 31 01:28:24 CST 2002

> clearly whomever is making those changes is either a) a prick or b)
> too dim to realize that half of these footers piss off at least one
> person at any given time...
>
> and while i hate to regulate morality, i'd like to ask that nobody
> modify this any more... there's only a very small group of people
> who have access to it, and one of us is clearly being insensitive
> even after being called on it more than once...

A sad thing is happening here, increasingly so...

The bigger this thing gets, and the more people become involved...the more
the fun, life and personality that ARE Evolt (and have been since at least
1999) get sucked out of it.

You know what was cool? It was when people were sometimes pissed about
things that happened on volt..and nobody fucking cared! Be pissed, so what!
This whole thing was a lot more fun back then.

I've been monitoring this assinine voting policy discussion and have gotten
a little crabby about it I guess...just want to say enough with the
goddamned sensitivity and political correctness already, jeez!

I never thought I'd live to see the day when Aardvark starts laying down
rules to prevent people from becoming offended...this has passed the point
of 'funny'.

Heh, I guess there should be a vote on who gets access to modifying the
footer...

Personally, I'm a little disappointed to see the coming homogenization of
Evolt.org

jpc