[Theforum] process & voting

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 31 02:49:12 CST 2002

On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 03:19  am, isaac wrote:

>>> ... if, and when, we ever get the Major (mailing list software)
>>> to talk nice to Oracle, we may want to use list membership as a
>>> trigger for voting privs.
>
> Someone can be a reader of theforum without technically being
> subscribed.

Sure, but theforum membership is a bit different - you
shouldn't get a vote just by making use of the open
archives, just like I don't get the same voting rights as
MPs because I read Hansard.

I think we'd get a more accurate sense of the electorate if
it were restricted to list subscribers (including nomail ones
for those theforum members who prefer to read it that way)

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,