[Theforum] Re: VotingRegs

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Sun Feb 3 17:41:14 CST 2002

> but, I still think that information should be on a table "higher" than
> question. i called it "POLL", but, to avoid confusion, it might need to be
> renamed:

Are you suggesting this to allow multi-part polls?

> >And the priv/group system would allow you make either open
> >to certain groups.
>
> Woah there, bronco. Now you're talking about integrating weo with the
> polling application. Which would undoubtably lead into a UEUE (dammit, i
> can't remember what that stands for anymore: Unified
> Evolt...) discussion. I'd like to see this not be stalled by the
> (large) undertaking of UEUE*.

No, wasn't talking about that. Was talking about:

1. new group 1: theforum
2. add 30 members of theforum who are interested in voting
3. assign voting rights for VoteX to group 1.

No point in waiting for UEUE which could be years away for all I know.

> And I don't really see the benefit of restricting *poll* results to
> certain groups (restricting vote results can be handled already).

No, I don't think I suggested that anyway (although by the architecture of
the application, it'll be possible).