[Theforum] thelist, theforum, etc. MIME format, e-mail format

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Wed Feb 6 09:41:19 CST 2002

From: "Shirley Kaiser" <skaiser1 at skdesigns.com>

| At 08:36 PM 2/5/2002, my Eudora mail program typed:
|
| >This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand
| >this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
| >--
| >[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
|
| I'm noticing that a few of the e-mail messages I'm getting via thelist,
| theforum, thechat have this added. I just moved computers last week and
| maybe I just need to adjust a Eudora setting or something.
|
| Does everyone else have this added message?

yes. this isn't your eudora adding this, but MG our mailinglist device. and
it's telling the world that the sender of the message had his headers set
differently than MG appreciates and that it changed the headers and  because
of that.

but it might be worded better, if you ask me (but you didn't, i know :)

thanks
elfur