[Theforum] calendar idea

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 25 19:58:16 CST 2002

> From: "Isaac Forman" <isaac at triplezero.com.au>
[...]
> So, it's generally agreed that a calendar would be cool. And
> incorporating <tip>s is a great idea.

+1

> But our main options are probably:
>
> 1. Farside-style -- tear-off sheet pad of 366 pages. No
> month/day_of_week to ensure we don't tie ourselves (or buyers) to any
> given year.

1.b -- include days and year... i don't hold on to a calendar for another year,
nor do i expect people would start halfway through the year... not to mention,
a calendar isn't too useful if i don't know what day it is...

>  - don't have to worry about sourcing graphics
>  - can print b/w without looking crap
>  - sits on your desk, very convenient (i hate wall calendars - writing
>  on a
> wall, bleargh)
>  - might be expensive to produce
>  - room to feature a <tip> for each day
>  - room to feature members birthdays (would be cool to have a calendar
>  on
> your desk that mentions your b'day, eh?)
>  - bit more painstaking to layout
>

> 2. Traditional -- 12-13 months. <tip> or collection of <tip>s per
> month.

not just tips, but themes... include tips on the theme (in the grid of the
calendar), include links to sites, abstracts from evolt.org articles, contest for
images and the like...

while i have an idea on how this would shape up, i think i'd be woefully
underqualified to design it...