[Theforum] list slaps

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Feb 28 17:49:56 CST 2002

> 1. http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20010604/034132.html
>
> 2. http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020225/104971.html
>
> I do think these are too harshly worded.

I don't.

Perhaps using the word "bible" to describe thelist info docs in the same
post as a demand to stop posting anything religious was a bit silly, but
otherwise I think it's fair enough. There's been some pretty silly gear
happening in those Flash threads, and it would be overwhelming enough for
many lurkers or even vocal list members.

I don't think that the concept of thedebate at LEO is actually all that silly.

There was a thread about some "cranky admin". Who said that? Who was it
about?

IMHO, BCC's of offlist reminders/slaps should go to admin. It's a clear
administrative issue, and not one of direction. The public can still read
that if they chose, and even post to it whether they're subscribed or not.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au