[Theforum] Polling stuff (Hey Rudy!)

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Feb 28 20:04:18 CST 2002

Isaac,

Garrett's been looking at that.  He's moving tomorrow tho, so been rather
busy this week and probably next.  My *initial* thought on it (once I saw a
version that worked) .. was that is was ok .. we could probably modify it
enough to meet our initial needs .. that being, to allow voting on thesite,
theforum and/or admin... based on individuals belonging to a certain group.
Obviously, it doesn't tie in to our current weo DB, nor any files that MG
has .. so assigning individuals to groups would need to be managed by those
with the privs to do so within the app.

All of that said, we're still evaluating it.  I don't see it possible to use
this voting app for the greater membership anytime soon .. but I'm not sure
how easy it is to separate out one piece of the entire application and use a
different (i.e. weo's) user database with it.

Mich
(P.S.  you probably saw the first version that was installed .. for some
unknown reason, things went really wacky on installation .. once Dan d/led
the files again and reinstalled, it was *much* better. )