[Theforum] list slaps

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Fri Mar 1 11:05:17 CST 2002

djc,

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
> From: Daniel J. Cody
>
> just got this offlist from a girl responding to the same
> thing you two are, just for perspective.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

and?

i fail to see relevance to what i was talking about.  when i "rip [a]
solution to shreads" it's always supported with information backing up why i
would make the suggestions i'm making.  additionally, i never go from the
perspective of "geeze, you're such an idiot for doing it that way".  i don't
see how any of my posts could be referred to as "nastiness" as i make it a
point to never attack the poster when addressing the problem.  though some
members may find these sort of responses hard to stomach, i've gotten many
offlist and phone call requests to continue doing it because people feel
what i have to say is important.  in fact, i just got a compliment over a
phone conversation with a list member the other day.  paraphrased:

  "yeah, you cut right to the bone on some issues, but
   i like that.  when i'm the target it can be hard to
   swallow at first, but when i come back later and
   realize you're not attacking me, i see that you're
   just trying to help."

again, if that's not the case, message me *offlist* with some relevant info
backing up the opinion.

I'll say it again though.  i don't see relevance to what i was talking
about.  obviously there's something about thelist that doesn't appeal to
some members.  if it becomes a big enough issue they'll leave.  thelist
can't be everything to everyone.  considering the growth of the membership
so far, i'd say we're doing something right.  i see no reason to do things
any differently.

.jeff

http://evolt.org/
jeff at members.evolt.org