[Theforum] list slaps

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 1 14:57:19 CST 2002

> From: "Michael Wolfe" <wolfboy69 at earthlink.net>
[...]
> Way back in the beginning days of evolt, I posted a site check request
> for a new site I was working on. aardvark (Adrian) pointed out EVERY
> thing that was wrong with the site. I have never had such a detailed
> review of my work, and for just a moment I felt a surge of righteous
> anger. But then, after I calmed down, I realized that all of his
> points were valid. Using Adrian's comments as a guide, I was able to
> make major improvements to the design of the site.
>
> I guess that what I'm trying to say is that if you place yourself in
> public view, you should be ready to receive public opinion.

*ulp*

heh... sorry, don't remember that one... i used to do site reviews a
lot, but so many people took it personally (and had their friends
spam me) that i just sorta gave it up...

i'm glad to know my stuff was useful to you, but i also know that
not using emoticons (i hate them) and being abrupt doesn't read as
sunny efficiency, which is how it's typed...

IOW, we *all* need to be aware of how we sound when we type our
messages... reading a message when in a foul mood often makes
it sound different than when you read it in a good mood...