[Theforum] Have we talked about this already?

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Fri Mar 22 07:20:48 CST 2002

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
> http://members.evolt.org/djc/evolt/mousepads/mousepad.html
>
> and although i wish i could take credit for the design of such a great
> looking page, many thanks go to matthewB(meo/bakiwop) for for that.

That is, indeed, a good looking page. So we could have another page that
looks like that, with a link to the mousepad page and including the other
giving options. Or whatever works best

>> 2) direct one-time donation via Paypal in any amount, but with
>> suggestions along the lines of "$33 buys evolt 1 day of bandwidth", or
>> "It's $1.37/hour, how many hours can we put you down for?".
>>
>> 3) *subscribe* via Paypal, giving the user several levels of options to
>> commit to
>> - $2,4,5,10/month
>> - $5,10,15,20,25 quarterly
>> - whatever else
>
> great ideas!
Thanks. The subscription thing is pretty easy to set up, and makes life
easy. I think (as Ron L already noted) making like NPR and spelling out what
our needs are - what things cost - will encourage them to help. Saying
$1000/month doesn't encourage optimism, but breaking it down into smaller
chunks might.

> thanks for the feedback!
you're welcome. just because i don't always participate in the discussion
doesn't mean i don't care

matt g