[Theforum] Hosting

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Sat Apr 6 03:32:08 CST 2002

Althought most of it's been said, I'll speak my piece:

I'm cynical. I assume they want something from us. I'm also a dreamer. I
like to pretend that what they see as a valuable trade won't seem like a big
deal to us.

Would it be criminal/negative/selling out to get that level of hosting free
in exchange for their name in thelist footer as our 'primary sponsor' or
something? I'm not looking for personal feelings so much as genuine ethical
considerations - does evolt.org's mission allow for that possibility?

We need to talk to them to get the lay of the land. If we like what we hear,
we need to get it in writing, including a time period. Well before the
expiration date, we put a contingency plan in place.

They came to us. We hold the cards, right? We're not trying to take
advantage, but we're the debutante and they want to take us to the ball.
Let's use our position of godlike power and influence to benefit ourselves
and thereby the whole community.

joel