[Theforum] What do you want to do ? Faster, evolt, kill kill!

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 18 17:13:22 CDT 2002

> From: Ron Dorman <rwd at csi1st.net>
[...]
> you make a good point.  many people to perceive a roadblock here.  but
> you and I know that perceptions are seldom reality.  perceptions are
> what people chose to believe.  They are often skewed by inaccurate
> information and especially by inaccurate information being repeated
> over and over and .....

except in discourse, perception *is* reality...

> I believe Dan has done, and will continue to do, what is best for
> evolt.org.  I believe this in spite of all the things that have been
> said.  I believe this way because I have looked past the yammering of
> the theforum and admin lists to what happens on the other lists and
> the evolt sites.  I see the participation in other areas and lack of
> participation in this area.  A lot of good people want to contribute
> and help but walk away from here because of what goes on here.  I
> don't blame them one bit.  If I were not so stubborn, and I did not
> love the concept and dream of evolt.org, I would walk also.  I am
> stubborn, and I do love the concept and dream of evolt.org, and I will
> not be quite while it is threatened.

i want to contribute, but am not granted the privileges necessary...
i can upload browsers, but i can't admin the list, or do other keen
things...  i have contributed in the past, but am no longer able to...

my perception is my reality... i haven't walked away... i've done
everything i can with what privs i have...

i'm sorry that you feel this list consists of yammering, since i
thought we all *wanted* this opening up to happen... but nobody
here feels empowered other than those with specific access... i
don't feel empowered and i helped found the damn thing...

[...]
> very true.  it will take time and refinement after practice.  but
> unless the dissent goes away and people work with open minds, we will
> have more of what we have.

there will always be dissent... it's unfortunate we're viewing it as
negative... contrary viewpoints have always been our strength...

>     "How can you expect different results if you continue to do what
>     you are doing?"

that's a good question... and how can we expect different results if
no one addresses the concerns voiced by many?

[...]
> ok, I thought it only fair to include Dan since most of this is
> directed at him being "the one in charge" and being less than good
> leadership.

it really isn't as directed at him as it may sound -- it's directed at
how we do things... if it were anyone else, i'd say the same things...

> I do not share the opinions that Dan has excluded, denied and cut off
> people truly trying to help evolt.  I do not share the opinion that
> Dan is bad leadership.  So let's get it hashed out, buried and move on
> to a better evolt.org.

fwiw, i've never felt dan has intentionally acted to the detriment of
evolt.org... i've always felt he's acted in its best interests...

but there is, and always will be, disagreement on what those are
and how they are achieved...

i'm wary of complete agreement, and i've always played the devil's
advocate, even on issues i agree with...  i will continue to do that
here...