[Theforum] Reimbursing Dan .. was .. I'm not sure cos it got jumbled in the archive ;)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun Apr 21 16:15:49 CDT 2002

On Sunday, April 21, 2002, at 09:01  pm, Hugh Blair wrote:

>>> I'd like to donate to the "pot" as suggested by Hugh too .. same
>>> amount.
>>> But I'd like this particular donation to go directly to paying Dan for
>>> this equipment expenditure that he has undertaken so graciously on
>>> evolt.org's behalf.
>>
>> To be clear - that's a gift to Dan, not to evolt.org, as the equipment
>> already belongs to evolt.org.
>
> But that is just what I was trying to make clear. djc clearly listed
> what
> items were evolt.org's and what came from his "inventory."
> http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020218/003176.html
> so I *wouldn't* class this as a 'gift.'

Sorry, I misunderstood that you meant that (and had honestly forgotten
that the list included those items)

You're right - that which is from Dan's inventory should either
1) Donated to evolt.org if Dan wishes (and there should be no pressure
    on him to do so, or not to do so)
2) Bought from Dan (which will need a fair monetary value placing
    on it) by evolt.org
3) Replaced by equivalent new inventory bought and owned by evolt.org

Options (2) and (3) will require donations to evolt.org for that purpose.

> At the end of that process, everyone would be assured that -all- the
> hardware running then 'belongs' to evolt.org.

Absolutely.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,