[Theforum] Reimbursing Dan

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Sun Apr 21 17:00:00 CDT 2002

[Theforum] Reimbursing Dan .. was .. I'm not sure cos it got jumbled in the
archive ;)
Martin theforum at lists.evolt.org
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:15:49 +0100
----

On Sunday, April 21, 2002, at 09:01  pm, Hugh Blair wrote:

>>> I'd like to donate to the "pot" as suggested by Hugh too .. same
>>> amount.
>>> But I'd like this particular donation to go directly to paying Dan for
>>> this equipment expenditure that he has undertaken so graciously on
>>> evolt.org's behalf.
>>
>> To be clear - that's a gift to Dan, not to evolt.org, as the equipment
>> already belongs to evolt.org.
>
> But that is just what I was trying to make clear. djc clearly listed
> what
> items were evolt.org's and what came from his "inventory."
> http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020218/003176.html
> so I *wouldn't* class this as a 'gift.'

Sorry, I misunderstood that you meant that (and had honestly forgotten
that the list included those items)

You're right - that which is from Dan's inventory should either
1) Donated to evolt.org if Dan wishes (and there should be no pressure
    on him to do so, or not to do so)
2) Bought from Dan (which will need a fair monetary value placing
    on it) by evolt.org
3) Replaced by equivalent new inventory bought and owned by evolt.org

Options (2) and (3) will require donations to evolt.org for that purpose.

> At the end of that process, everyone would be assured that -all- the
> hardware running then 'belongs' to evolt.org.
----

Martin,

Hugh did a great job explaining what I was thinking as well.

I'll take it one step further and ask another question.  Which I'll
prequality by saying that I think many of us are looking towards you (and
others) to lead us in the right direction.

To the best of my knowledge, we don't have an evolt.org banking account.
Which is why the paypal account is in Dan's name, as a real bank account is
required in order to use/receive funds via paypal.

So, what I want to do, and what I think Hugh wants to do, is send some cash
through the paypal account, to be used specifically as outlined above and
previous emails.  So, what would be the best thing for us to do?  Should we
put through the transaction with paypal like normal and then send an email
to Dan and Marlene what we want those funds to be used for?  What's the best
way to keep proper record of these things?

What I don't want to have happen is, 6 months down the line when someone (or
a group of individuals) are reviewing the accounts, then they say "where did
Dan get the authorization to use Michele and Hugh's (and others) amounts
specifically as reimbursement for the original start-up hardware?"

Sure, I can tell Dan to accept this donation as payment for the hardware he
already has being used for evolt.org.  My question becomes, who else should
I tell?  How and by whom does it get recorded?

Can we get these ideas/suggestions put on the wiki .. doesn't have to be
anything formal .. but let's keep the conversations flowing and getting all
these little pieces ironed out.  Then, if we decide to go with the "groups"
as outlined in the restructure agreement, at least there will be some
pages/words/discussion that can then be handed over to the individual group
(the money group in this case) to sort out and determine what procedures and
processes they want to implement.

Personally, I'm finding it difficult to focus on so many things.  And there
*are* so many things to focus on.  :)   Can you look after making sure stuff
gets put on the wiki in a logical format?  I'm finding it difficult to find
things if they don't appear on the frontpage.  Can the frontpage be a sort
of site map/road map to all of the pages available and all the inner pages
(something like what we see on the top of each page, but for the entire wiki
contents)?

Thanks,

Michele