[Theforum] root access

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 15:03:35 CDT 2002

>- There will always be certain positions which will have to go beyond
>any sort of term limit. I'm especially thinking of those who have root
>access.

This is the central point. Whatever structure we can think up and implement,
anyone with root access can destroy it.

It really doesn't make sense to discuss organization without giving the
organization (in this case: the steering committee) root access. If it
doesn't have root access, the system is flawed from the beginning and may be
removed without warning at any time.

Who has root access to evolt.org? Are these people willing to give it up or
share it, if necessary?

ppk