[Theforum] root access

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Thu Apr 25 23:53:27 CDT 2002

> We are unique in
> that most of us are more computer savy than average corporate leaders
> but I think we still need the balance, and seperation of powers to keep
> things on an even keel.

Ron,

I don't understand what you mean by 'even keel'.  If the person/people with
root access are opposed to what the membership of evolt.org (steering
committee) want, then why are they holding root access?  To me, it sounds as
though you're saying whomever (plural) has root access would be there to
ensure the steering committee didn't go crazy and decide to do things on
their own.

It's still a vicious circle of absolute power.  What I believe that we're
trying to accomplish is to decentralize all of the powers.  You know, so
that this thing can run without you, or me, or anyone else that wants to
leave one day. :-)

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

-d

____