[Theforum] Re: Case study: Monkey Speak

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 29 09:32:44 CDT 2002

> >To get the Evolt restructuring underway I made a case study: How to set
> >up the Monkey Speak group. See
> >
> >http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/CaseStudy
>
>Are you intending this document to be created by theforum and/or the
>steering committee, or are you intending this to be the document created
>by the group itself?

I don't have the faintest idea. I just thought we'd need a case study to
clarify our thoughts. Eventually the modified document should become
something like a charter for Monkey Speak.

Maybe you should add a paragraph on the status of the document and by whom
it should be created.

>I got the impression it was the former. Maybe I
>misunderstand things somewhat, but I thought that one of the beauties of
>this system was that imposed regulations by the steering committee on the
>group would be limited (reporting, basic form that would effect the system
>as a whole, etc.). The rest would be left up to the group. They're the
>ones who are doing the work. They're the "experts", if you will. I think
>it's important that they develop how they run.

If you disagree with certain points, please rewrite the appropriate
paragraph(s) and put your version below mine.

>Things like communication from group to steering comittee, communication
>among groups, how the steering commmittee is created, etc. would be
>decided by the steering committee. But I don't see much sense in the
>steering committee dictating how many people can work on propaganda.

You mean the 7 members max? I think many people will not like it, but I
think it's a good idea so I put it in. If you disagree, rewrite the
paragraph and put your version below mine.

>i do like the work you've put into this. i just think it should be clear
>that this document should come from the group itself, imo.

We just should start somewhere.

ppk