[Theforum] 3 Alternative Funding Ideas

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Apr 29 22:14:18 CDT 2002

I think this idea is definitely worth considering.  Does anyone want to
"take the ball and run with it" so to speak?

i.e.

Find out the requirements for each affiliate program.  (not just amazon, in
Canada I would prefer Chapters/Indigo, not sure about other countries).

Present the details in a summary email (wiki page) that each of the various
referral programs rewards program consists of.  Do all transactions go
through djc's paypal/personal bank account?  Or does whoever "runs" this,
want to look after accepting the referral money and then sending it to djc?

Which books do we want to highlight?  Any specific ones such as "evolt"
recommends?  How best to determine this, ask on thelist?  Mini survey?

Once the plan of action has been determined in greater detail than I've
presented above, one should seek consensus from the form via an informal
+1/-1 vote (sorry the voting application won't be ready in time .. or better
yet, let's not wait for it before we proceed ;).

I've forgotten who originally suggested this idea .. do you (whoever it was
;) or Ken, or someone else, want to run with it?

Thanks,

Michele