<tips> Calendar .. was Re: [Theforum] sponsorships

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 30 10:15:10 CDT 2002

> From: "Michele Foster" <michele at wordpro.on.ca>
[...]
> I'd like to see us charging the nominal fee for meo accounts as well.
> That idea wasn't as well received as other ideas were.  (If I remember
> correctly, of course .. and that's pushing it at the moment).

it wasn't?  hmmm... i thought it was... ugh...

> Is there any compelling reason why *I* can't run with the <tips>
> calendar idea?  Are you guys telling me "no" .. concentrate on other
> areas .. even though I've already strongly volunteered to do this one
> project .. and I'm really not at all interested in dealing with
> corporate sponsorship .. which isn't the same as saying I don't
> support it .. it is saying that I don't personally want to dedicate my
> evolt.org time to it.

no, there is no compelling reason why you can't run with it... my
own research involved a much different distribution model than you
are looking at, and that model doesn't look feasible...

[...]
> So, let's not turn down ideas just because there may be even better
> ideas out there.  I want to run with this .. Ken wants to run with the
> affiliates program .. Dan wants his mousepads and other evolt.org
> branding, kewl, elite products, etc.
[...]

...and i want to pursue sponsorhips...

you're right, we shouldn't turn down ideas just yet...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself