[Theforum] Re: sponsorships

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Tue Apr 30 10:52:53 CDT 2002

aardvark wrote:
>if we truly want donations to be altruistic,
>they should be anonymous and we shouldn't track who sends in what...

-50

Many people contribute to evolt for a lot of reasons. Some might be 100%
altruistic, but most aren't. It's okay to want (or maybe not want, but
just enjoy) a little recognition for the sacrifice you've made.

And for the person who's contributing totally because he hopes for
recognition, well, we'll take his money too...

Personally, I'm willing to explore the option of corporate sponsorship,
but I want to make sure we don't:
	1. become biased in any way
	2. look like we've become biased in any way

But how would we make sure that the things in dean's list never
happened? A contract, right? Um, with whom? de ja vu?

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com