[Theforum] Evolt.net

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Tue Apr 30 12:45:49 CDT 2002

At 10:06 AM 4/30/2002, you typed:

Yes, it's another matter to do exactly that (which I also do, BTW).

<my own mistake and lesson learned>
Years ago when I got my business domain I only got the .com for
skdesigns.com, and little did I know someone else would come along and
snatch the others. Over time the person has fortunately let them expire and
I snatched them up mainly just to avoid confusion and help protect my
business name (so the .org now redirects to .com and others that I just
bought will point to skdesigns.com within the next few days). Now I'm
contending with skdesign.com (no 's' at the end of the name), so I'm
working on trying to snatch whatever they haven't already snatched. I
didn't think about any of that long ago, and now I wish I had.
</my own mistake and lesson learned>

Long-winded way of saying that I had to learn a tough lesson from NOT
buying the others and holding onto them. Doesn't mean you have to use them
all, and the option's there to just point them to the main evolt.org, too,
of course. Better to have them than lose them, IMO.

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Website Design, Development      http://www.skdesigns.com/