[Theforum] Please, no more love tonight - spam on lists

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun May 5 22:25:39 CDT 2002

> From: Seb <seb at members.evolt.org>
[...]
> Please, can we re-examine the decision to allow non-subscribers to
> post to lists in light of the recent levels of spam, viruses, etc?
>
> The last thing I want to see is the evolt.org lists being swamped with
> more crap like this. It destroys enthusiasm, patience, and gives the
> appearance of being highly  unprofessional.
[...]

you'll be happy to know that this list has been closed off to only
allow posts from subscribers...  i did this friday night, and already
caught a spam...

so far, no one has reported any problems to me, so it looks like it's
working well enough...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself