[Theforum] Responsible public list practices

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue May 7 16:03:40 CDT 2002

> From: "John Corry" <john at neoncowboy.com>
>
> > IF I WAS CAUGHT READING A PUBLIC EVOLT.ORG LIST WITH A
> > PORNOGRAPHIC SUBJECT LINE, I WOULD BE FIRED FROM MY JOB.
>
> Lemme get this straight...
>
> You work for a place that will fire it's employees if porn spam gets
> through to their work email?
>
> How do they justify *that*!? I thought spam email with porn in the
> subject line was just part of life on the internet...

except it wasn't spam, now was it?

what's the return address?  thelist?  isn't that something he gets at
least 50 messages from a day?

regular spam is one thing, but spam from a high-volume, trusted
source such as this, is not good...

he's not the only one who had to deal with that at work today,
either... there are a few others (or a number, depending on if you
think those are different) who were in the same boat, and had to
justify their membership...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself