[Theforum] Re: Zope and NN

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed May 8 12:06:31 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, May 8, 2002, at 05:18  pm, Hugh Blair wrote:

>>    http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/DeanMah
>>
>> didn't validate for me when I sent it through
>>
>>    http://validator.w3.org/
>
> Dual <html> and <body> tags will choke NS every time.
> Is this caused by what Martin said:
>
> "Yeah, because the Zwiki product uses one of the older STX
> renderers available in Zope, which is more accurately intended
> for whole page rendering, rather than partial page insertion between
> existing headers & footers."

Yes

> Is there a way to get this changed? Anybody?

1. The lame answer - don't use NS4.x
2. The better answer - run Zope off an evolt box where we can
     sort these things
     Additional benefits:
     a) the newer version of Zwiki has a nice issues tracker,
         which may be useful
     b) It would be A Good Thing to have available for meo
         (login can tie into the normal Unix authentication credentials
          or a SQL db and the whole thing can run through Apache too)
     c) It's all Open Source

To quote from the meo faq:
Weird requests like Zope are very cool, but I have NFI how to install,
administrate, or use things like that at all. If someone wants to buck
up and volunteer some time to install/config it with me, that would be
cool.

The install stuff is here:
http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.5.1
http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.5.1/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86.tgz/view
http://www.zope.org/Members/beacon/install_instructions
http://www.zope.org/Members/acki/lazyInstall/usage-0.0.4
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/HowTos/ApacheRewriting
http://new.zope.org/Members/jec/virtual_howto_html
http://www.zope.org/Products/etcUserFolder

I'll help out with config & administer - I'm sure others have the
experience too.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,