[Theforum] quick change

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed May 8 14:38:44 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, May 8, 2002, at 07:58  pm, Miriam Frost wrote:

>> It went out to thechat who *unanimously* voted in favour. The downsides
>> for list members was also mentioned. I have had approx 1% requests
>> to have additional addresses subscribed or whitelisted - all have
>> been self-managed.
>
> Thechat |= thelist.

True, but as a sample of the entire membership, I don't think it's
unrepresentative. If it were put to thelist as per my (unexplained)
blocked post, you'd have an answer, and I'd be willing to put my
usual bet on it that it would overwhelmingly be in favour.

> Also, considering Michelle's point about the ueue, I regret having plus
> one'd for closing thechat.

Because it's a list *user* issue, not a list *admin* one, which is
why I didn't vote one way or the other for thechat.

I assume, though, you accept the decision of the membership?

> BTW, I'm wondering why thechat is allowed to be spidered by Google?

If someone can point out where I as list admin can
turn that off, and then get thechat membership to agree to
it, I'd be happy to change that.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,