[Theforum] Re: Zope on a Rope (um I mean on an *eo)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu May 9 04:38:12 CDT 2002

On Thursday, May 9, 2002, at 10:20  am, Garrett Coakley wrote:

> [1] Of course this is apart from the question *should* we install
> another
> version of python and risk breaking MG. Everything worked fine here, but
> I'd suggest we do some testing first. Is teo a seperate box?

As Michele suggested, this would be better on thesite, once/if
we've decided that hosting it ourselves would be A Good Thing.

So can we do that voting thing for "do we want this?" and
then leave the "how do we do it?" to thesite?

So, the questions are:

1. Do we want to run a Zope server completely under our control
to enable support the Wiki, and other stuff as we see fit?

2. If technical issues (eg integration with meo /etc/passwd) can be
    resolved, do we want to offer this as a meo option?

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,