[Theforum] list management

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu May 9 09:38:26 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian W King" <bking at impact-technologies.com>
To: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 3:30 PM
Subject: RE: [Theforum] list management

> I have added my name to the list.  I am currently in the process of moving
> and will have a new home email address on Friday.  I do not have any
> experience in admin-ing a list, but would like to learn and be of
> assistance/use to the group.  I don't think that anyone really knows me
well
> enough to vouch for my trustworthiness as of yet.  I would be willing to
> start out in an assistant type placement until such a time as I
familiarized
> myself with the 'ropes' and the group got some confidence in my ability.
>
> Is there a link to the online documentation or required reading for this?

yup, the basics are at http://www.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/ but as Martin
pointed out, Dan's additions to morph Mailman into MajorGumbo mean that it's
no longer a stock Mailman install, and thus the Mailman docs are not as
accurate as they should be ... but it's a good place to start!

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'