[Theforum] (no subject)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri May 10 20:07:06 CDT 2002

On Saturday, May 11, 2002, at 01:41  am, Daniel J. Cody wrote:

> A number(inculding yourself) have asked, in
> varying levels of politeness, for me to give up
> responsibilites/power/duties/etc up,

...as indeed has happened to *all* Admin people. It's
a process of opening it up to the community which has
been happening since the autumn.

> which I'm in the process of doing.

As are we all, Dan. And that's A Good Thing. There
shouldn't be *any* complaining, gloating or anything other
than quiet acknowledgement that it's happening, and
the evolt.org community is running itself, rather than
a small group of people running evolt.org on evolt.org's
behalf.

Like it says in the footer, we should *all* end up being
in a position where we can leave without damaging the
community. I could leave, you could leave, everyone here
could leave, and the community continues without us.
And that's fine, because the community is ultimately more
important.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,