[Theforum] Re: (no subject)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri May 10 20:54:51 CDT 2002

On Saturday, May 11, 2002, at 02:42  am, Ron Dorman wrote:

>>> Plenty have left admin and other roles
>>> because they've had enough. But, that's been going on for awhile.
>

> You left out the first sentence.  You are quite adept at out of context
> spins.

No spin intended, just wanted to make the points which followed.

> When the same thing was done to dan, Michelle and Matt you had nothing
> like this to say.  You even did some of the bashing your self if I
> remember correctly.

If I did, it was never with intent to criticise the person, only the
actions.
If I inadvertently strayed from that I was wrong.

> When list administration methods and personnel were changed in matter of
> a few hours with input from only a small percentage of our group you had
> no problem with it.

Actually, I did - I would have preferred an open process as we now seem
to be following - but didn't want to say anything which would be
misconstrued
as bashing Dan. Sorry.

> However, a short time ago you grilled Michelle for
> stepping up and taking care admin tasks without approval (which she had,
> even if not from you)

Please see my correction to this misunderstanding from a couple of
days ago.

I've never suggested that I'm *the* proper authority for anything
btw. I think you'll find I have a consistent track record of saying "we,
collectively, are the proper authority". When admin exclusively
ran evolt, the 'we' was admin. When that authority passed to this
group, 'we', became this group. When issues come up which
exclusively affect a specific subgroup of evolt (eg this week with
thechat),
I've every time called for openness and democracy.

> even though she handled them very professionally and in
> evolt.org's best interest.

Again, looking at the facts, you'll find I never disputed that.

> Explain it!

Please, no more provocative challenges, Ron. It's late, I'm tired, and
it doesn't work with me anyway.

(who could have written this *very* differently)
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,