[Theforum] Re: (no subject)

Miriam miriam at members.evolt.org
Sat May 11 07:53:54 CDT 2002

>>> Gloating, Ron?
>> yes Amanda, that's how your post came across to me.
> If you wish to read and look for meaning below the surface,
> sure, that's you're right. But it doesn't mean it's so (or indeed
> that it's necessarily not so).

Geez, what was I just talking about the other week, "hidden knives?" Subtext
is a large part of any human communication and it's bound to be read. Either
there *was* that intentional subtext (which given the history, I don't doubt
very much) or there *wasn't* that hurtful & snarky intention, in which case
things might be more delicately put in the future.