[Theforum] Re: nfp

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun May 12 12:15:00 CDT 2002

Lachlan wrote:
>I think it'd be great if we could get the work on turning evolt into an
>official nfp could be done concurrently with the organisation
>restructuring.

Our problem before was that we didn't have our shit together. In
hindsight, there was really no way we were going to be approved. I really
think the restructuring has to happen before moving to an official NFP, if
we (have) decide(d) to go that route.

It might not be ideal, but let's get the paypal address pointing to
*something* (which isn't going to be a non-existant evolt.org checking
account).

Then, we get our shit together here. Move on with the restructuring. And,
with the new structure, I think it'll be easier to get something like the
NFP rolling (um, and then approved).

>Also, how's the work on thecharter coming along so far?

I dunno. But, as I understand it, they're jsut working on a default
charter for a subgroup (right?). So, that really should have little effect
on our discussions of the bigger picture here.

>Where is the redesign going at the moment?

I think we've decided that we're fine with a redesign (i just wanted to
rhyme). Can we take it to thesite now? I'd hate to see it lost amongst
charters, donation initiatives, and NFPs (oh my!).

>How are the various fundraising activities currently going?

Well, the calendar was Mich's project, for the most part. If we still want
to do that, someone else is gonna have to take the lead. I would,
but... blind mouse... piece of cheese... it's unlikely that i'd find it.

(btw, i'm incoporating your changes to the meo/contribute page now. thanks
a million for doing that)

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com