[Theforum] Re: meo

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sat May 18 23:27:40 CDT 2002

Lachlan wrote:
>While I can see Matt's point about people not wanting to keep dipping
>into their pockets to keep evolt going, I think he has missed one
>important thing - the cost of buying a new meo server is a fixed cost,
>one off. We never have to ask people to buy a new box again (it may need
>upgrades somewhere down the line, but that's a different story), whereas
>the costs of keeping evolt running are an ongoing cost (so you really are
>asking people to keep dipping in, there but it's spread out over time).

Actually, that wasn't my main point. My main point was that, if you only
save meo, evolt doesn't exist. Plain and simple.

The priorities are weo and leo. And I think we've established that.

Let's worry about weo and leo. Then, if we still have the time, let's try
and save meo. And, when that time comes, I'll be helping you, Lach. I just
want to make sure we do what we need to do to keep evolt alive.

I understand that you really want to save meo. But, the rest of us really
want to save evolt. meo is a part of evolt. there is no meo without
evolt. if you save meo and not evolt, you've just got a new
non-evolt service for meo members.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com