[Theforum] finding a home for weo & leo

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon May 20 08:41:17 CDT 2002

> My point was to get the design principles right first, against which
> we can evaluate any and all offers of hosting, making sure that
> wherever we are hosted, it has the capacity, flexibility and
> futureproofing we need, to reduce the risk of future moves.

that's fine and dandy

good luck putting that together

sorry if i sound pessimistic

> It's simple due diligence - making sure that we do something this
> significant correctly, rather than just expediantly.

i agree, but perhaps you can translate that into english

> To do anything else is raising enormous levels of risk for evolt.org.

dude, i don't think i can stress it enough, we already have the *ultimate*
risk level happening right now -- if we don't pull our fingers out of our
asses by january, evolt is dead, kaput, finito already

your due diligence may only just be getting started by then

> If Ron is pissed off about being asked to demonstrate his outfit's
> capabilities for something this significant, it would be a major
> questionmark in my mind.

i didn't say ron was pissed off, i said i would be if i were in his shoes

and please don't raise *any* questionmarks about ron

for those of you who don't know ron, he's an "original" evolter and has
hosted parts of evolt before

he needs to demonstrate nothing further

the time for pontificating is over

we've had three years of that on admin, and look where it got us

we may not have time to select a host "by the book," martin

but if we need "design principles" for selecting a host then by all means
let's have them -- perhaps you can post a first draft

rudy