[Theforum] finding a home for weo & leo

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon May 20 09:28:15 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
To: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Theforum] finding a home for weo & leo

> Martin wrote:
>
> > It's simple due diligence - making sure that we do something this
> > significant correctly, rather than just expediantly.
>
> i agree, but perhaps you can translate that into english

We are making sure we are dotting all our i's and crossing all our t's.

I for one think Ron's offer will suffice until a) a more permanent
arrangement with Ron can be thrashed out, or b) a more permanent arrangement
elsewhere can be thrashed out.

A sponsorship deal could still be on the cards if we think it through
right - imagine if AOL turned round and say "hey, cool, you guys can manage
our historic netscape archive for us as part of beo - here's a box and some
bandwidth" ... it would never happen of course - AOL letting people download
IE from them? ;)

But that's the kind of thing i'm thinking of ...

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'