[Theforum] meo abuse - archive note to come back to

Ben Phillips ben at inchima.com
Tue May 21 10:54:49 CDT 2002

> > what exactly is a production site? does this mean that i
> can't use my
> > meo space as a place for messing around with stuff in the form of a
> > personal site, if people are going to be looking at my site?
>
> Huh?
>
> You can use meo for learning or for hosting evolt.org-related
> items. You can host personal stuff but you need to have a
> visible tie to evolt.

okay no problem. i did see this on the members.evolt.org page, but i
wasn't sure what 'learning' meant exactly. i am just a bit wary of
having the account pulled if my site was a 'production' site.

> > where exactly is the line drawn?
>
> > now that everything is
> > becoming more rigid and rule based at evolt.org,
>
> FYI: the rules have always been there for meo, sorry you
> weren't aware.

no, the guidelines for meo have always been there and i was aware of
them. i asked a few questions before i got started and it seemed that a
personal site such as a blog would be fine on meo. following the recent
discussion about what can and can't be hosted on meo, i wasn't too sure
if this was still the case. that's why i asked.

> > it would be
> > nice to have some official rules for what is and isn't allowed on a
> > member's site.
>
> I believe it's been spelled out. There is a degree of
> lattitude on a case-by-case basis. If you'd like a review of
> your own site, I'm sure you can get one.

it wasn't spelled out clearly in my opinion. that's why i asked for
clarification.

benji.