[Theforum] meo abuse - archive note to come back to

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue May 21 19:36:06 CDT 2002

> where exactly is the line drawn? now that everything is becoming more
> rigid and rule based at evolt.org, it would be nice to have some
> official rules for what is and isn't allowed on a member's site.

I would say that resume sites placed by contributors are OK. As are blogs
sporting reference/thanks to evolt.org messages.

But a member should be a part of evolt.org for the community (list
participation, comments/articles, etc), and not just because we offer free
hosting.

If they want to toe the line, they should be required to donate.

The word "free" should be removed from the MEO frontdoor/docs to stop people
finding us with the express purpose of hosting something for nothing.

isaac

(I use my MEO account for hosting various things related to evolt.org's
development: http://members.evolt.org/isaac/evolt/ and some photos:
http://members.evolt.org/isaac/photos/. When the plans are up and running, I
will be contributing to help cover the costs incurred by the latter (not
that anyone ever looks at them. *shrug*).)

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au