[Theforum] FundRaising and Hosting/Move Solutions Proposal

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue May 21 22:51:24 CDT 2002

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
>
> never mind losing matt, protect the data!
>
> ..the data is fully backed up. a road accident could happen with UPS,
> FedEx, or whatever. or a plane transporting evolt.org data could get
> nailed. i cannot believe how badly you're projecting reasons not to
> host with ron.

erm, i think you're reading way into that...

he was talking about *not* creating back-ups and just taking the
servers on the road...

if the servers bake in the sun, for instance, and the hard drives
decide that they don't like the heat, and we have no back-ups, then,
well, we're hosed...

nowhere in the piece you quoted did i see a reference to ron, or his
hosting...i don't think that was the question...

can we please leave the potshots and sniping behind?  this is getting
silly...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself