[Theforum] Re: meo

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed May 22 11:09:53 CDT 2002

> Being petty and resentful, I'm looking forward to the lame
> ass 'why we can't continue to offer this killer service that
> you think is so cool'.

>From one dickhead to another, I thought I'd answer this lame ass
question.

The problem with MEO, John, is that it is the least sustainable project
that evolt has going right now. Part of the past problems with this
group has been the issue of stability and sustainability. The fact that
people have not played well together has contributed to this issue not
getting solved.

MEO has always been Dan's baby. It's a service that requires a personal
touch for each new MEO member. It's also housed on a machine which Dan
has stated he does not want us to have. So...we've got no box, we need
to find hosting, it is a neat service for the few who take advantage of
it but it's something that needs babysitting.

I think for all these reasons, some of us are putting it lower on the
priority list. That doesn't mean anything other that there are higher
priorities. It doesn't mean that MEO is going away.

The easiest way to keep MEO going would be to convince Dan to keep it
going. I think that the group is going to find ways to keep leo and weo
and even beo but meo is a toughie. If you really, really, really want it
-- talk to Dan.

If you want to try and play well with others and make sure that it stays
on the priority list then stay here and help out.

- amanda