[Theforum] funding options

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Thu May 23 10:02:58 CDT 2002

rudy wrote:

> > did you mean 7.50 per month, not per year?
>
> most likely
>
> the affiliate plan is a good idea (thanks ron and isaac for the detailed
> explanations), and might even work with other hosts in addition to the host
> (thehost?) that hosts evolt
>
> how's this for a quick recap?
>
> 1. donations
> 2. general membership fee
> 3. specific meo fee
> 4. affiliate plan
>
> any major item missing?

TagWear?  I have added to the wiki, http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/FundRaising, on
the three I believe would be the best for us to pursue.

meo fees - $2.50 a month for meo space is very reasonable and would render:
    2.5 x 850 = 2125 per month on current memberships.

isaac covered the affiliate pretty well

TagWear - would not be as consistent, or as much, as the first two and will take longer to
get it going.

I believe these to be our best options because they would be fairly consistent and
predictable.  We could actually budget based on meo and somewhat on affiliates.

Ron D.