[Theforum] meo box change..

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Fri May 24 10:28:17 CDT 2002

Martin Burns wrote:

>>> i know it's your hardware, but some form of warning would have been
>>> nice.
>>> when are you planning on reclaiming the hardware in its entirety?
>>> will meo
>>> account holders get at least enough warning to get the stuff out of
>>> their
>>> meo space?
>>

>> don't 'correlate' me disabling a complimentary service which was
>> provided to a few privledged people with an overall tendancy to fuck meo
>> accounts out of their space.
>

> I object to that. If you have security worries about an individual,
> that's where you take action. Lumping every person with that access into
> that box is simple defamation.

i didn't mention 'security' or individuals. i explained why i shut off
the accounts in the previous email.

>>> where was the vote to make changes to the faq?
>>

>> ya.. it was close, but the yea's edged out the nay's by a slim 1-0
>> margin.
>

> So what happened to 'theforum is the supreme decision-making body' which
> you insisted on?

theforum wasn't 'alive' back when i wrote that faq, nor when i added
your accounts as a perk which no one else got. and no one complained,
prior to yesterday, about the contents of the FAQ for the 15 months its
been there.