[Theforum] hosting for b.e.o.

Marlene Bruce marlene at digitizethis.com
Sat May 25 19:00:43 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I have a friend who owns a hosting company with some other friends,
which they've run for a few years now. I've hosted with them since
1999, and while it's not been without the occasional unforeseen
down-time, it's been brief and they've been very responsive to any
inquiries I've had. They're maybe not as good as we'd find elsewhere
for more money, but I'll throw this out there anyway. I know they'd
love to host anything evolt.org.

The cost for b.e.o., at an assumed 100GB bandwidth usage/month, would
be about $375/month.

Have we developed criteria for assessing hosting companies? If so,
I'd like to run his company through it and see how they measure up.

If not, we need those criteria. Sorry if I've missed them somewhere...

Thanks,
Marlene