[Theforum] meo barriers

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun May 26 12:05:42 CDT 2002

Martin wrote:
>> My issue is that it's being represented as
>> a needed barrier, which it isn't.
>
>I think that several people are questioning whether it's needed, as the
>list of accounts Jeff posted the other day suggested.

As (I think) I told jeff, most of those accoutns had a miriad of php files
and whatnot that just weren't linked from the home page (which,
ironically, is what you seem to suggest *should* be the case
here: http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020520/004932.html)

Anyways, I started kicking ass with regard to meo accounts the other
day. Amazingly enough (or not, depending on who you are), most of the
"offenders" were people on this list and the admin list. 36%, actually.

So, I dunno how the extra barrier helps that.

I currently approve about 1 of 15 or so applications. What is that... a
bit over 5%? So, we currently have a barrier that keeps out 95% of
applicants.

anywho...

--
mattwarden