[Theforum] community vs. corporations (was: funding options)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun May 26 18:42:08 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Marlene Bruce" <marlene at members.evolt.org>
To: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2002 8:31 PM
Subject: RE: [Theforum] community vs. corporations (was: funding
options)

> [snippage]
>
> We won't go PayPal only, but we've got to find out if there are other
> ways to receive money (besides the mail). Anyone know of a service
> that is set up for different regions of the globe (like Europe, Asia,
> South America, etc?). If PayPal takes care of the US, I hope there
> would be options for other places.

in the UK off the top of my head, there is NOCHEX, which accepts payments
using UK debit cards (e.g. Switch, Solo, Visa Delta), and Egg Pay (part of
Egg the online banking/credit card co), which also uses UK debit cards,
IIRC.

the other option is to spend some money with an outfit like WorldPay, who
accept payments in a variety of currencies with a variety of credit cards
(Visa, MC, Discover, etc)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'