[Theforum] Re: meo barriers

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon May 27 04:04:11 CDT 2002

On Monday, May 27, 2002, at 09:53  am, Warden, Matt wrote:

> Martin wrote:
>> Well how about nipping over to:
>> http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/EvoltHostingRequirements
>> and filling in some of the desired answers to the criteria?
>
> I was actually there a good while ago, and put in my two cents where I
> could.

I saw that, yeh. Applies to everyone else (especially if you have
experience of evaluating hosting).

Was that before this lot were added btw?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Support

We'll need SLAs? to cover most of the eventualities, but of particular
interest:

*	HardwareFailure?
*	PowerFailure?
*	SoftwareFailure? - this would not only have to cover
vendor-supplied packages, such as CF or ChiliASP?, but also our own
bespoke applications, such as the CMS and MG - WilliamAnderson
*	BackUps? - frequency and speed of rolling back to a backup
*	UpTime? - especially if we are paying for hosting
*	ResponseTimes?
*	Servermonitoring
*	Hours of support - 24x7x365?
*	Method of support - telephone, email, trouble ticket

SLAs? must not be changeable unilaterally

Security

* How are the boxes isolated from the outside world?
* Physical security? How many people (and who) will have physical access
to the boxes?

In Return...

What are we prepared to offer in return?
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,