[Theforum] funding options

Jeremy Ashcraft ashcraft at 13monkeys.com
Thu Jun 13 16:46:05 CDT 2002

> Well, I'm really worried about how we're going to be able to fund our 'ship'
> by the turn of the year. I believe our best chance for funding is to call
> our members, both in practical and political terms.

+1 - if the membership gives a damn about keeping evolt alive, they'll
do something to help keep it going

>  I'd like to see some of that feeling in the evolt.org site, I
> believe we need to ask our membership for money (not third parties) and we
> need to do it in a smart way, not appear as if we were scared of asking for
> funding.

I say we should do the most simple and obvious thing.  Send out an
evolt-wide email explaining our current situation and that if we don't
come up with some $$$ in the near future, evolt will be severely
diminshed or even die completely.  If someone isn't willing to pony up
$5 or $10(or more) for the services that evolt provides them to help
out, then something is wrong.   This is supposed to be a community,
right?  So lets look to the community for support.

that's my take anyway

--
jeremy

http://www.webhack.com