[Theforum] Wild Fundraising Idea

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Fri Jun 14 13:21:26 CDT 2002

I just bought some Girl Scout cookies off a co-worker's daughter (never
could resist those Thin Mints!), and it gave me an evolt fundraising idea.

How about something similar to meo, but it was more along the lines of
gallery.evolt.org -- it would be a showcase for the best work of the
participating members, both in graphics and code. If I've come up with a
nifty photo gallery script that I want to try to sell, I put it in the
gallery. If I've got some really cool graphics or layouts that I've done,
and would like to sell, I put 'em in the gallery.

On each gallery page, we have a "hire this person" link that puts the
potential customer in touch with the evolt member. In turn, the evolt member
kicks back a set % of his fee to evolt for providing the gallery (this would
be one of the terms of a g.e.o. account).

I can envision this being a place where someone who wants a logo design for
his company can come and browse the work of many talented graphic designers,
decide on one he likes, and contact them to see if they want a new client.
It's a great way for the evolt members to stay in business, especially if
this thing gets popular, and it's a great way for evolt to get some money.
And it wouldn't require much dev time, since we could use the m.e.o.
architecture.

It gets a little tricky with code since most of it is public domain, but it
could be a webpage showcase more than a "buy my photo gallery script" type
of thing.

Thoughts/comments/ideas/revisions/rejections/mods?

-Ken