[Theforum] beo (was: another online community in trouble)

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Jun 20 07:07:30 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 10:46:27AM +0100, William Anderson wrote:

> This was the reason I wanted to get more involved in evolt in recent
> weeks,  and i'm still very interested into playing a part in elevating
> beo to more than just a big filestore of browsers.

My new employers have expressed an interest in helping evolt.org, although
we're not sure what form that will take yet. Bandwidth and hosting were
two possibilities. beo crept up a few times in our discussions.

I don't start until the 1st of July, but once I'm in and settled I'll be
getting back to theforum with some ideas.

I can see the distributed/tucows/debian-mirror idea for beo being a
winner for us though.

G.