[Theforum] another online community in trouble

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jun 21 05:37:21 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, June 19, 2002, at 07:16  pm, Marlene Bruce wrote:

> Rudy wrote:
>
>> also, meo should be for hardcore evolters,
>
> I strongly disagree. It should be a place that fosters community in
> addition to being a learning space. To that end, we can make it a lot
> better than it is.

I'm not sure those things are mutually exclusive.

But if we're going to make evolters.org something worth having for
members, it'd be useful to define what a 'member' is, and define it
better than 'I know it when I see it', so that *any* evolter will be
able to work out whether they qualify.

I don't think it matters per se what those criteria are as much as that
they're there and they're generally agreed on - that way we don't get
arguments down the line.

Perhaps we could suggest some people who we think would qualify but who
aren't active theforum members (as I assume that everyone here would
qualify - correct me if you disagree), and try to work out what the
common elements are.

Here's some I think would qualify (even if I don't always agree with
them :-) )
* Erik Matthias
* Burkhan Khalid
* Ray Camden
* Sean Palmer
* Samir Nassar
* Kev Stevens
* Olly Hodgson
* Shirley Kaiser
* Arlen Walker
* Alan Herrell

(nb - this isn't a 'vote these people in or out' nor is it intended to
be exhaustive, but trying to pick examples so we can work out a rule)

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,